Back to the Top
Does any one out there have any pharmakokineitc info. on Mazindol?
ADME info. on this old drug? Any reference on its PK?
Appreciate your help
Back to the Top
The following message was posted to: PharmPK
I have these references to mazindol in my files:
1. Beaumier, P. and Hazan, S. Administration of mazindol to ponies.
Proceedings of the Association of Official Racing Chemists 34:93 100,
2. Moore, C.M., Tebbett, I.R., Kalita, S., and Artememko, M. Rapid
extraction and detection of mazindol in horse urine. Journal of
Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis 8:445 448, 1990.
3. Prange, C.A., Brockus, C., Stobert, D., Wie, S., McDonald, J.,
Gall, R., Wiedenbach, P., Bass, V.D., and et al Immunoassay detection
of drugs in racing horses. V. Detection of mazindol in equine blood
and urine by a one step ELISA assay. Research Communications in
Substance Abuse 9:13 30, 1988.
4. Stevenson, A.J., Weber, M.P., Hopkins, D., and Kacew, S. Centrally
acting drugs. Analytical methodology for detection and confirmation
of drugs in equine body fluids. Stevenson AJ, Weber MP, and Kacew S.
Ottawa: Canadian Pari Mutuel Agency. (VIII):5 249, 1997.
5. Timmings, S., Beaumier, P., Sutherland, D., and Nikolajev, J.
Metabolism and elimination of mazindol by the horse after oral
administration. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of
Racing Analysts and Veterinarians 6:247 256, 1985.
6. Kaddoumi, A; Mori, M; Nanashima, K; Kono, M; Nakashima, K. High
performance liquid chromatographic determination of mazindol in human
plasma. The Analyst 126(11): 1963-8 (2001). (plasma concentrations
from one subject and good information on mazindol stability in
7. HA Dugger and JG Heider. Biotransformation of mazindol. II.
Absorption and excretion in the dog and man. Drug Metabolism and
Disposition 7: 129-131 (1979).
8. HA Dugger, RA Coombs, HJ Schwarz, BH Migdalof, and BA Orwig.
Biotransformation of mazindol. I. Isolation and identification of
some metabolites from rat urine. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 4:
9. HA Dugger, VO Madrid, KC Talbot, RA Coombs, and BA Orwig.
Biotransformation of mazindol. III. Comparison of metabolism in rat,
dog, and man. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 7: 132-137 (1979).
There is also some summary information about mazindol in people in
Martindale. Plasma concentrations of mazindol in humans were too low
for routine PK studies with GC-MS methods that were used when this
drug was used clinically.
PharmPK Discussion List Archive Index page
Copyright 1995-2010 David W. A. Bourne (email@example.com)