Back to the Top
Please note my recent book entitled: "Pharmacokinetic allometric scaling
in pediatric drug development". This book mainly emphasizes on the
prediction of PK parameters in pre-term and term neonates, infants, and
toddlers from adult data. This book will be helpful to clinical
pharmacologists, pharmacometricians, and the pediatric researchers
during pediatric drug development. This book is available through Pine
House Publishers' website as well as on Amazon.
Iftekhar Mahmood, Ph.D.
PHARMACOKINETIC ALLOMETRIC SCALING IN
PEDIATRIC DRUG DEVELOPMENT
AUTHOR: IFTEKHAR MAHMOOD, Ph.D.
Table of Contents:
1. Historical background of allometry and allometric exponents
2. Pharmacokinetic allometric scaling and the exponents of allometry
3. Pharmacokinetic allometric scaling in children
4. Prediction of clearance in children from adult clearance: allometric
scaling versus exponent 0.75
5. Allometric extrapolation of drug clearance in children from one age
group to other
6. Prediction of drug clearance in children (<5 years) by Boxenbaum
7. Prediction of renally excreted drugs in children (<12 years): a
comparison of three methods
8. Prediction of drug clearance in preterm and term neonates: different
exponents for different age groups?
9. Prediction of volume of distribution and half-life in children
10. Allometric exponents and population pharmacokinetics: a single or
body weight dependent exponent
11. Prediction of drug concentration-time profiles in neonates, infants,
and toddlers from adult data
12. Dose selection in children
Want to post a follow-up message on this topic?
If this link does not work with your browser send a follow-up message to PharmPK@lists.ucdenver.edu with "A new book" as the subject
Copyright 1995-2014 David W. A. Bourne (firstname.lastname@example.org)